Thursday, May 29, 2008

Ta-Da!



Here we are, Fox and Pearl, presenting our finds and fancies to enchanted readers for the first time!

Above and for our first show'n'tell is work by the wonderful French illustrator Barbara Canepa http://canepabarbara.blogspot.com/ a mistress of tone and linework, and fellow artist Joshua Middleton.
Fox says- "Ah, the carnival. Such a tried and tested topic from generations past. A bit creepy, a bit vintage, a bit used up. Luckily Canepa doesn't make a mockery of it, and manages a somewhat genuine milleu. Perfectly executed."
Pearl says- "I am surprised by the mix of different cartoonish characters in this work, but for the intent being mysterious, what a splendid thing!"


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Brilliant, what a beautiful olde worldy feel this illustration has. I'm an artist myself and appreciate hearing of fabulous new art I haven't seen. Stunning, I want wallpaper like it!

Barbara Canepa said...

^____^

thanks !